Podcasts I listen to when I'm traveling


When I was younger I remember riding to school with my parents and it was always only talk radio. No questions asked. It was always talk radio (shout out NPR and Morning Edition). I hated it, it was awful. I always wondered why we couldn't play some music and get pumped for the inevitable miserable day at school. I just didn't understand.

Now that I'm older, I basically listen to podcasts 24/7 which is the millenial version of talk radio because we millennials killed it. So I'm not sure if it's an acquired taste like beer or coffee but here we are. Basically now I'm cultured AF and 15-year-old me would be disgusted. 

I live in Europe so I miss a lot of things news and sports related so podcasts are a great way to stay in tune and get some laughs. I get anxious a lot when I travel, laughing to these podcasts helps immensely to stay calm and relaxed. Another reason why I love podcasts is because they put me to sleep. I have a difficult time falling asleep in planes, trains and buses. So I just throw on a podcast and I'm out in a matter of minutes.

You can spot headphones in a lot of my travel pictures because I am always listening. See below in Toledo (Spain)!!!!
Here is what might be in those headphones while on the road:

Pardon My Take
Big Cat and PFT Commenter deliver the hottest sports takes in the history of the spoken word. The best and funniest podcast in the world.

Spittin' Chiclets
Very hard for me to listen to this in public because I cry laughing every time and people start staring at me like an idiot. RA, Biz and Ryan Whitney shoot the shit about the latest in the NHL.

Lights Camera Barstool
Kenjac, Jeff Lowe and Trill Ballins talk everything cinema including news, movie reviews and more.

LifeChurch.tv
Pastor Craig delivers amazing messages to keep your heart, mind and soul healthy. We all need some Jesus on the road.

How I Built This
Lonely Planet, LuLu Lemon, Whole Foods, Kate Spade, Patgonia. Ever heard of them? Guy Raz brings in some of the most successful entrepreneurs to talk about how they started their business. Makes you feel like a piece of shit but super super fascinating.

Ring Rust Radio
Donnie, BG and Mike chat about the latest in the professional wrestling world and yell at each other a lot.

The Budget-Minded Traveler
Jackie and her guests share the latest and greatest travel tips for every adventure around planet Earth. She's smart AF.

Real Time with Bill Maher
Bill and his renowned panels recap and analyze the week's political news. For snowflake libs only.

Laces Out
One reason why I need the NFL to return ASAP is this show. Pat McAfee, AJ Hawk and Jerry Thornton recap and analyze everything about the Sunday that was the NFL. Great if you can't watch all the games because you are abroad (like me) and want to laugh.

KFC Radio
KFC and Feitleberg talk about everything and anything ranging from shark stomachs to apartment hunting and how women are like salmon. The quickies are the best.

The Pat McAfee Show
Pat and the crew talk about the latest in sports and pop culture. Pat behind a microphone is always gold forever no matter the time, place or day. I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Comments

Popular Posts