Travel websites I'm on basically 24/7



I've been on these websites so many times and for long they know everything about my life and have all my data. Of course I am a huge app guy but when I'm planning a trip it's most likely always from my laptop.

I book my flights, accommodations and get a good idea of what's in store for me when I land with my laptop. For example in Athens, the airport is just a million miles away so before my trip I can see how to get from airport to my accommodation while also having a little idea of what I want to do/see.

Pro tip: Always look how to get from the airport to your hostel before your trip.

Pinterest
A very underrated tool for travel. I'd say it's like the Wikipedia of travel research. There are so many amazing tips, recommendations, photos and more. I use Pinterest to get inspired, find some neat spots of a place I visit or for just general travel stuff like how to pack better.

Google Flights
This is ground zero. Every trip begins here. I am constantly on Google Flights checking if there is a cheap flight. My favorite feature is you can choose your dates and price range then it shows you all the possible destinations based on your preferences. So you can go in saying I'll just take a gander won't buy anything and three days later you're in Dublin or Rome.

Skyscanner
Skyscanner is my backup quarterback to Google Flights. Whenever I find a flight on google I always check with Skyscanner to see if I can find a better price. Usually they are the same but sometimes not who knows I mean Tom Brady was once the backup.

Hostelworld
Mecca of websites to book your hostel, your hostel HQ, your hostel bible. Reviews, photos, descriptions, everything you could possibly want and more. I use Hostelworld more for the reviews and to get an idea of the hostel then the actual booking because I prefer to book with Booking.com. See below.

Booking.com
After I peruse through Hostelworld I always go to Booking.com to book my room. Booking.com is better to book because it's literally the name of the website but also because you don't have to pay for your bed until you get to your accommodation. Great way to avoid international transaction fees because fuck international transaction fees.

TripAdvisor
I begin my destination research here. Most of the places I visit I have a good idea of what I want to do/see. Monuments, cathedral, waterfall, etc. But there are some places I have zero idea what there is for example when I went to Sophia, Bulgaria or Skopje, Macedonia. For the more fancy people you can find the best bars, restaurants, beaches, etc.

Rome2Rio
Find the cheapest way to get from one place to another.

Comments

Popular Posts